AAA is an abbreviation for “American Automobile Association.” AAA is a private, non-profit motor club that serves North American locations, although any person can join AAA at the cost of a small amount. The company began in 1902 by creating hotel guides, maps, and curriculums for high-school driving lessons. Today, they own more than 1000 locations, which include hotels, restaurants, and lodges.LORDHENRIVOTON|GETTY IMAGES
AAA is an acronym that stands for “American Automobile Association.” AAA is an independent, non-profit, private motor club that serves North American locations, although anybody can join AAA at the cost of a small amount. The company was founded in 1902 to create maps, hotel guides, and curriculums for high-school driving lessons. Today, they operate more than 1000 locations, which include hotels, restaurants, and lodges. INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
Find out how much you can save on your car insurance.
Enter your personal information to determine the amount you can reduce your auto insurance costs.
AAA employs several auto companies nationwide to offer auto insurance for its customers. The three largest groups and the regions they service are:
- Auto Club of SoCal: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Missouri, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, and West Virginia.
- Automobile Club Group: Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
- CSAA Insurance Group: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
These auto insurance companies might not serve all counties within your area, even though they are listed above. Based on NerdWallet, If you’re already a member, however, there isn’t an AAA insurance company in your region. Instead, a local club could have a partnership providing insurance coverage.
AAA Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Since AAA utilizes several insurance groups to offer coverage, the options may differ based on your area. However, AAA insurers can provide the most basic options for coverage. Specific policies are available only in certain regions. They are typically added-on coverages you must pay for over and above a standard policy. The best option is to speak with an agent in your area AAA agent to ensure they have the coverage you seek.
These are the AAA’s top commonly used types of coverage following the ValuePenguin database:
- The majority of states require the Bodily Injury Liability policy. It pays for the costs of injuries to a third party if you’re at fault in an accident.
- Insurance for Property Damage: The policy covers property damage caused by a third party in cases where you’re at fault in the cause of a traffic collision.
- Collision Insurance: Collision insurance will pay to fix or replace your vehicle in case of collisions with another car or an object, such as a fence or tree.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Comprehensive insurance will cover the damage to your vehicle caused by events that are deemed to be beyond the control of the driver, such as vandalism, weather, theft, or hitting an animal in the roadway.
- Motorists who are uninsured or underinsured The insurance will pay medical expenses and damage to property if the responsible driver is not insured or has no insurance or is not enough.
- Personal Injury Protection Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection pays the costs of injuries sustained by the person who is yours caused by an accident in the roadway. Services include payments for income continuation, funeral costs, child care, and the loss of benefits.
- GAP Insurance: This insurance will cover any difference in your vehicle’s real cash value and the amount of your credit or loan if your car is destroyed.
- Rental Reimbursement: This will cover the cost of an automobile rental while repairs are being made to your car.
- Rental Car Insurance: This insurance covers you when you drive in a rental vehicle.
- “Non-owners” insurance is for drivers who don’t own the vehicle but are frequent enough to warrant insurance.
- Pet Insurance covers your pet’s medical expenses if injured in an accident.
- Accident Forgiveness: When you receive accident forgiveness, the first incident won’t cause your insurance costs to increase.
- OEM Exterior Repair Insurance covers the original equipment manufacturer parts used in repair work on vehicles that are external to the car.
AAA Auto Insurance Rates
The price of auto insurance through AAA depends mainly on the location you live in. This is because AAA is a union of auto clubs, which differs from state states. But, AAA has relatively affordable rates in general. These are annual averages for several major insurance companies compared to AAA, as reported by WalletHub:
- State Farm: $1337
- Progressive: $985
- Geico: $1060
- AAA: $961
AAA offers low-cost rates for all ages and age groups, with 55-year-olds receiving the lowest monthly premiums while 18-year-olds pay the most each month. The monthly rates are listed below by age for AAA:
- Aged 18 age
- Age 21 and over Age: 75
- Age 45 age
- Age 55 age
- Age 65 age: $51
Motor1 discovered that motorists save an average of $749 when changing to AAA. Discounts vary according to state and county. However, these are the most common discounts:
- Member: Members get discounts based on the length of time they’ve been members of AAA.
- Check for safety: AAA will discount your monthly insurance premium if you permit them to check your vehicle.
- AAADrive and AAA OnBoard AAADrive or AAA OnBoard: These are apps on mobile that track your driving habits and give you discounts to ensure safer driving.
- Safe Driver Safe Driver: Save up to 20% on your AAA insurance when you finish an approved defensive driving course.
- Multi Car Insurance: you could get a reduction of up to 27 percent when you have more than one regularly driven vehicle.
- Multi-Policy: Reduce money on expenses for insurance when you bundle the cost of your auto and renters, condo, homeowners, and life insurance.
- Discount for Pay-in-full: Pay for your entire year in advance, and AAA will reduce the cost of your insurance.
- Paperless billing: Sign up for paperless billing and get an additional discount over an actual paper bill.
- The loyalty program: If you spend a whole year of membership with AAA, you can enjoy 5 percent off.
- Safety Features: You’re eligible for this discount if have airbags, motorized seatbelts, or anti-theft options.
- Homeowners: Drivers who own their house can save up to 37 percent on their car insurance.
- A New Car that has vehicles less than three years old will save 30 percent by registering with AAA.
- Professionals: You may be eligible for an additional seven percent discount when you’re an academic, doctoral, or engineer CPA and educator.
AAA has satisfied customers for more than 100 years. Get online today and receive your no-cost auto insurance quote by contacting the first American Automobile Association.